Statement of Faith
1. We believe the Bible is God’s word to all people, was written by human authors under the supernatural guidance of the Holy Spirit, is the supreme source of truth for Christian beliefs and living, and communicates truth without error.
2. We believe that there is only one God, eternally existent in three persons; Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in God the Father, who is wonderful, awesome and the source of every good thing. He is all-knowing, all-powerful and all-wise.
4. We believe Jesus is the son of God. Jesus lived a sinless human life and offered Himself as the perfect human sacrifice for the sins of all people by dying on the cross. After three days, he rose from the dead, demonstrating His power over sin and death. He ascended to heaven and will return for his people.
5. We believe that accepting the lordship of Jesus Christ and a corresponding lifestyle is mandatory for the salvation of lost and sinful people.
6. We believe that people, both male and female, are created in God’s image, meaning that we are spiritual beings with personality, morals, discernment and the capacity to know the creator God and that sin has damaged our ability to know him and lead righteous lives apart from Jesus.
7. We believe the only way eternal life is received is by faith in Jesus Christ alone.
8. We believe in the ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is empowered both with spiritual gifts (to do what Jesus does) and with the fruits of the Spirit (to be who Jesus is).
9. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in Our Lord Jesus Christ.
10. We believe that every believer is commissioned to go into the world and make disciples, baptising them in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit and teaching them to obey the commands of Jesus Christ.
11. We believe the local church is the primary, God established base of worship, nurture, fellowship and evangelism.
12. We believe that “believers’ baptism” is the outward sign of an inward reality, signifying and testifying publically to our association in the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus. Baptism is an essential step of obedience and is vital in establishing our faith and relationship with Jesus.